A fire retardant treated, extruded polystyrene board with a very dense firm structure providing effective good value insulation as well as combatting condensation and subsequent mould formation. Also very effective coverage over problem surfaces such as cracked plaster or blockwork. Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive or solvent free tile adhesive suitable for use with XPS material is recommended for application of this product. Available in packs of 8 tiles.
Prepares walls for decorating • High quality product • Easy to hang
7mm High Density Insulation Panels have the same insulation effect as a 140mm brick, 200mm stone block or 300mm concrete.
Each tile: 1m x 0.5m coverage: 0.5m² approx
8 tile pack coverage: 4m² approx
1. Ensure all surfaces to which the panels are to be applied are firm, clean and dry. For optimum bonding, porous surfaces shold be sized with Wallrock Multipurpose PVA Primer & Sealer. Glossy surfaced should be roughened with sand paper.
2. Using Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive, apply enough adhesive for one tile at a time. Adhesive can be applied with a roller, spatula or brush. Typical consumtion is 1-1.5kg per square metre.
3. If the wall is uneven, start with the first panel on the highest point, to allow for levelling with subsequent panels.
4. Apply the grey side of the panel to the adhesive and use a rubber roller or similar to apply an even pressure, this will ensure an even bond.
5. Apply subsequent panels and use a straight edge to achieve a level finish.
6. Trim panels where required - this can be done with a craft knife, a straight edge may also be useful.
7. Allow the adhesive to dry fully - this can take upto 48 hours.
8. Fill any joints with a solvent free filler, smaller imperfections can be filled with Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive.
9. Once the filler has dried, the panels are ready for further decoration - the surface has been pre-primed.
10. Paint can be applied directly to the primed surface, always use a solvent free paint - we recommend trying a small test patch first to make sure you are happy with the finish.
11. If you choose to hang a decorative wallpaper (or choose to line prior to painting) we recommend the use of a strong lining paper such as Wallrock Fibreliner or Wallrock Fibreliner Smooth for best results. These should be used in conjunction with a good quality ready mixed adhesive such as Wallrock Power Adhesive.
12. If you wish to tile over the panels, ensure a solvent free tile adhesive is used.
This is a simple wallpaper calculator and should be used as a guide only. You can find the roll width and roll length you are after on the specific product page.Roll widths are provided in meters (such as 0.5 x 10mtr) so your wall widths and heights should be inputted in meters also.If you are purchasing an offset match product then you may need a little extra as there may be some waste. If you have any windows or doors in your walls you can simply ignore these. This will give a good estimate of required roll numbers.