In its simplest form, Wallrock Magnetwall is a durable, easy to apply liner that allows a wall to be used with magnets - perfect for the office of the kitchen, study or a feature wall in the living room.
Once applied to the wall and allowed to dry for a full 24 hours, further decorative paper or lining paper such as Wallrock Fibreliner Original or Wallrock Fibreliner Smooth can be applied, using Wallrock Power Adhesive or another good quality, ready mixed adhesive.
Use the specially developed Wallrock Thermic Adhesive to ensure problem free adhesion, we recommend applying between 100ml and 200ml to the wall surface and a further 100ml to the reverse of the Wallrock Magnetwall for optimum adhesive performance.
All magnets can be used with Wallrock Magnetwall, however we recommend our Neodymium magnets for improved performance.
For more information on our Magentic Wall System, how to create your own Magnetic Wall and where to purchase, please give us a call on 01427 616597.
Single length: 10m x 0.62m coverage: 6.2m² approx
The working temperature (environment and substrate) must be greater than +5°C and less than +25°C. Use the specially developed Wallrock Thermic Adhesive to ensure problem free bonding, for best results a consumption of circa 300ml per M² is recommended - please also refer to step 3 below.
1. Cut all lengths as required, allowing extra for trimming at each end.
2. Mark a guideline with a pencil for the first length, using a string line as a guide for vertical drops or a spirit level if preferred (essential if hanging horizontally).
3. Apply adhesive to the wall surface and to the reverse side of the Wallrock Magnetwall, 100-200ml per M² is recommended for the wall surface and 100ml per M² for the reverse of Wallrock Magnetwall, overall 300ml per M². Once the adhesive has been applied to both surfaces it is then advised to wait 20 minutes before applying Wallrock Magnetwall to the surface (the adhesive will become semi translucent after 20 minutes).
4. Apply the first length along the guide line, smooth out with a soft smoother, work from the centre of the drop to remove any excess adhesive NB; Do not apply excessive pressure when using a smoothing tool, this can cause damage to the surface.
5. Use a former/straight edge and a sharp knife to remove any excess material from the top and bottom of the drop (maintain the effectiveness of the sharp knife blade by regularly changing). Good quality decorators shears can be used as an alternative if preferred. NB: Use clean warm water and a sponge to remove any adhesive from the front of the Wallrock Magnetwall.
6. Butt join all subsequent lengths, being careful not to overlap the edges. Allow Wallrock Magnetwall to dry out thoroughly before continuing. We recommend a minimum of 24 hours, longer may be required in some circumstances, dependent upon the sub surface condition and humidity.
7. Once Wallrock Magnetwall has been applied and allowed to dry thoroughly it can be painted using a hard wearing paint, good quality acrylic eggshell paints offer improved longevity and durability, to enhance the finish and allow the application of a wider selection of paints we recommend overhanging with either Wallrock Fibreliner Original or Wallrock Fibreliner Smooth using Ekotex adhesive or Wallrock Power Adhesive. Carefully plan where the joints of the Fibreliner will fall before hanging, allow the Wallrock Fibreliner to dry thoroughly before continuing, we recommend a minimum of 24 hours, longer may be required in some circumstances dependent on the sub surface condition and humidity.
8. Use a good quality washable paint, we advise an egshell finish for its hardwearing characteristics, these types of paints better resist marking from repeated magnet use. It is also possible to use 'whiteboard' paint or 'blackboard' paint if required. NB; we recommend the surface of Wallrock Magnetwall is lined before painting, please see Step 7 above.
Once the paint has dried the finished surface is ready for use with magnets. Whilst all magnets of a suitable size will work on Wallrock Magnetwall, we do recommend our Neodymium magnets for improved performance.
This is a simple wallpaper calculator and should be used as a guide only. You can find the roll width and roll length you are after on the specific product page.Roll widths are provided in meters (such as 0.5 x 10mtr) so your wall widths and heights should be inputted in meters also.If you are purchasing an offset match product then you may need a little extra as there may be some waste. If you have any windows or doors in your walls you can simply ignore these. This will give a good estimate of required roll numbers.